Support forums

Please check @brandnewbox_uk for support status updates.

Search     Advanced Search

Fatal error: Maximum execution time exceeded  
Posted: 12 April 2017 10:48 AM —   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-09-08

Hi,
I’m running some imports of database exports, in csv format, into my site and while most of them have been successful one particular file is returning one of the following 2 errors each time I try to import

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /system/ee/EllisLab/ExpressionEngine/Library/Data/Entity.php on line 137

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /system/ee/EllisLab/ExpressionEngine/Service/Model/Model.php on line 731

The format of the file is no different to that of the other files which were successfully imported.

EE3 3.5.3
Datagrab 2.02

Thanks!

Posted: 12 April 2017 07:02 PM —   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1319
Joined  2006-04-12

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

There are a number of factors that can effect the speed of imports, but it is usually related to the complexity of the channel you are importing into.

When DataGrab adds an entry it effectively reproduces the method that EE uses when you publish an entry through the Control Panel, so it loads all the third party add-ons, validates and saves the entry, running any extensions you have installed.

It sounds like your best option would be to try and increase the PHP time out. It might be worth speaking to your web hosts to see if they can do that (if only temporarily), or you can sometimes do it using php.ini or .htaccess rules. There are some suggestions here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3829403/how-to-increase-the-execution-timeout-in-php

If the site is on a public server and you’d like me to take a look at the import on your server, I’d be happy to.

Andrew

Posted: 13 April 2017 08:00 AM —   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-09-08

Thanks for your reply Andrew.
What’s confusing to me is that this channel is far less complex than other channels where I have successfully imported data. I’ve also tried trimming down my import file to a single entry and removing unrequired columns from my csv file and I’m still getting the same error,
Thanks,
Christian

Posted: 13 April 2017 08:03 AM —   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-09-08

Hi Andrew,
if you’d like to contact me directly I can share the access details with you to try this yourself,
Thanks,
Christian

‹‹ Grid Field Import Error (creates rows when it shouldn’t)      Fetch files from urls: yes not working ››

Select A Theme