Support forums

Please check @brandnewbox_uk for support status updates.

Search     Advanced Search
Can CSVGrab import/assign multiple categories for a single row?  
Posted: 24 June 2010 10:47 PM —  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-06-24

Hi Andrew,

loving the module, but we have a project coming up that would be made a thousand times easier if we could use your CSVGrab module. Basically we have a massive spreadsheet, and each row entry can have multiple category assignments. These categories will also be in multiple category groups. Is this possible to do with CSVGrab? I.E. replicate the weblog function but with categories too?

Re-formatting the original data is possible, if required. (maybe we could put all the category id numbers inside a single column with a comma delimiter?)

would something like “category_field=“5|6|7|8” “category_group=“51|52|53|54” work?

Thanks for any help on this

Rob Hodges

Posted: 25 June 2010 12:38 AM —   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1357
Joined  2006-04-12

Putting the categories into a single comma-delimited field would allow you assign multiple categories to an entry, but there is no way at the moment to assign to multiple category groups.

Is this a one-off import?

I’ve done a couple of similar modifications for clients - email me at aweaver@brandnewbox.co.uk if you’d like to discuss this more.

Posted: 02 July 2010 10:56 PM —   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-06-24

Thanks Andrew,

We ended up setting up the categories beforehand, changing the format of the CSV so that all the categories were set in a single cell for that entry’s row, and then slightly modifying your awesome plugin to let us retrieve that cell, separate each cat number into an array, and then insert the relevant cat id into each entry.

Looking forward to using EE2.0 and datagrab!

Cheers,

Rob

‹‹ Can’t get this to work      Can’t see the posts in the control panel ››

Select A Theme