Support forums

Please check @brandnewbox_uk for support status updates.

Search     Advanced Search
Grid content that’s not present in XML import is wiped from CMS  
Posted: 19 December 2019 04:26 PM —  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2019-12-19

Essentially, I have an XML file which contains data for all entry fields for a channel apart from 3 grids. The XML file is imported at least twice daily. The 3 grids are updated directly via the entry management in the site, or channel forms which updates the entry in the site directly. I know that it’s possible to update the entries and have confirmed that the content is going in. However, it’s wiped anytime I run the datagrab import no matter what setting I use for the grids.

In order to attempt to alleviate my issue, I’ve added blank elements in the xml, i.e. <logo><gallery><hero>. It has resolved the issue for logo, and hero which are limited to 1 row, but only when gallery has not been populated in the entry.

2 of the grids are limited to 1 row, and if populated will stay in place when datagrab is run. My problem occurs when the 3rd grid field (used for a gallery) is populated. When the 3rd grid is populated and datagrab is ran, it will wipe all 3 grids.

I’ve tried changing the “Action to take when an entry is updated” setting but have had no luck so far.

Can you help me with this issue? Is there anyway to get datagrab to just leave these 3 grids alone which would resolve my issue? Some kind of ignore fields setting or ignore grids would be perfect.

I did try looking on the forum but the closest I could find was this and it doesn’t look like a resolution was found: (https://brandnewbox.co.uk/forums/viewthread/237/).

Posted: 09 January 2020 10:52 AM —   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Joined  2019-12-19

Found this: https://twitter.com/anthonystauffer/status/616964207095992320

Still no solution, just traces of other people having the same issue, has anyone got a solution?

Posted: 09 January 2020 03:14 PM —   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1357
Joined  2006-04-12

The Grid option “Keep existing rows and append new” *should* keep any existing grid data, but EE makes this quite hard. If you don’t assign data to a field it assumes you want it to be blank, so to do an update DataGrab has to try and rebuild the Grid data.

It sounds like this might not be working in your case - I’ll try and set up some tests.

Just to confirm: are you using the latest EE/DataGrab versions?

Andrew

Posted: 09 January 2020 03:30 PM —   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2019-12-19

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I thought as much but it doesn’t seem to work. I thought I was onto a winner adding the blank content with that setting but no joy. As long as I can make datagrab ignore those grids somehow and keep importing without affecting them, I’ll be happy.

I am using the latest to date: EE5.3.0, and DG 3.0.3

Posted: 14 January 2020 09:56 AM —   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2019-12-19

If it helps, the site is currently running on PHP Version 7.1.33 also.

Posted: 22 January 2020 10:56 AM —   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2019-12-19

Hi Andrew,

Have you managed to run some tests to investigate my problem?

We’re very eager to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Sam

‹‹ No such property: ’cp’      XML import parse errors ››

Select A Theme