Support forums

Please check @brandnewbox_uk for support status updates.

Search     Advanced Search
Can CSVGrab update existing entries based on unique identifier?  
Posted: 31 December 2010 12:05 PM —  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-09-02

Is CSVGrab capable of updating content using the guid as reference, or can it only import the first time?

I do have a copy of DataGrab which is EE2 compatible, but I’m having to use EE 1.7 for a project at the moment.

Any assistance would be helpful!

Thanks,
Justin

Posted: 05 January 2011 10:18 AM —   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-09-02

Hello guys, anyone able to assist with this question?

Posted: 05 January 2011 08:19 PM —   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1357
Joined  2006-04-12

I have a copy of CSVGrab that has the ability to update entries. Can you email me and I’ll send you a copy.

Andrew

Posted: 05 January 2011 09:52 PM —   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-09-02

Thanks, Andrew - I’ve sent you an email.

Justin

Posted: 06 January 2011 01:20 PM —   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-09-02

Hi Andrew,

Just checking if you received my email, as our server had a hiccough overnight!

Thanks,
Justin

Posted: 10 January 2011 03:31 PM —   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-09-02

Hi Andrew,

Did you get a chance to look out that copy of CSVGrab which enables updates?

Thanks,
Justin

Posted: 08 April 2011 12:15 AM —   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2010-11-02

Andrew,

I sent you and email a few weeks ago also requesting for this version of CSVGrab. Any chance you can make a copy available for download?

Thank you,

Chad Boswell

Posted: 05 March 2012 04:29 AM —   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-08-06

Hey all,

I know that this is an old thread, but is there any chance that anyone has a copy of CSVGrab that allows you to update an existing entry based on a unique identifier?  If you do, I’d very much appreciate it a copy.  I’ve downloaded version 0.2.3, but it doesn’t seem to include this functionality.

You can email me at andrew@thirststudios.com if you do have a copy.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew.

Posted: 05 March 2012 10:45 AM —   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-12

Hi Andrew,

I’ve uploaded the latest version of csvgrab source to bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/ajweaver/csvgrab

I think this includes all the latest updates (like entry updating). To trigger this you need to add the following parameters:

do_update="true"
unique="custom_field_name"

The do_update turns on the updating, otherwise it just ignores any existing entries.

The unique param├Ętre tells the plugin which channel fields to use to test for a match (eg, unique=“title”). You can use multiple fields too (unique=“title,date”)

The plugin has not been developed/tested for some time now, so let me know if there are any problems.

Andrew

Posted: 05 March 2012 10:55 AM —   [ # 9 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-08-06

Woohoo!  Thanks Andrew.  That’s brilliant.  I’ll check it out, and test it, first thing in the morning (it’s almost 10pm here in Australia).

I’ve already made a few changes to 0.2.3 to suit myself… such as joining a few columns together to make the title (ie Firstname and Surname columns), so if there are any issues I’ll be able to sort them out.

Thanks for the fast response. Really appreciate it.

Cheers.

Andrew G.

Posted: 05 March 2012 10:58 AM —   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-12

No problem.

I don’t have much time to support the EE1 stuff at the moment, so I’ve been meaning to put things on bitbucket/github for a while. I was hoping to tidy it up and document it a bit first, but nevermind..

Andrew

Posted: 05 March 2012 11:00 AM —   [ # 11 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-08-06

Ha. No worries from my side of things.  I’ve inherited this old EE1 system with a new client.  We’ll be moving to EE2 at some point, then I get to use DataGrab which I’m MUCH rather be using!!

The fact that you have put CSVGrab (warts and all) up on BitBucket is VERY much appreciated.

Cheers.

‹‹ CSVGrab importing other file type?      Can’t import into custom fields of newly created channel ››

Select A Theme