Support forums

Please check @brandnewbox_uk for support status updates.

Search     Advanced Search
Blank Screen on import  
Posted: 10 February 2011 09:43 PM —  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-11-02

Hi Andrew,

I have configured CSVGrab on a 1.7 install as follows:

{exp:csvgrab url="http://ee.rouviere.com/import-file.csv"
delimiter=","
encloser="QUOTE"
trace="true"
weblog="2"
skip="1"
title="1"
category_field="3"
use="2|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14"
fields="photo_number|photo_description|city|state|country|photo_orientation|photo_date|commercial_ok|width|height|file_size|photo_thumb|photo_preview|portfolio_preview|photo_small|photo_medium|photo_large|photo_xlarge" }

Set the .csv file a the root of the web server and confirmed that it exists and responds, but when go to the import page I just get a blank screen.

I have attached the csv file for your reference. I would appreciate your help on this.

Thanks!

File Attachments
import-file.csv  (File Size: 18KB - Downloads: 416)

Posted: 16 February 2011 03:54 PM —   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-11-02

One of the advantages of the passage of time is that you keep working at things until you finally figure it out.

As it turns out, the problem was with the .csv file formatting. I am working on a Mac and when I upload the file to the server using Transmit, the mode was set to auto and there was no “conversion” of the .csv file taking place to make it readable by the server. I had to change from sFTP to FTP to allow for Mode > ASCII (Text) upload and it solved the problem.

Underlying this, on a Mac when you save a file as .csv it retains a paragraph line ending or \r and the server is looking for a new line ending or \n

By uploading the file as ASCII(text) it converts the \r to \n and the file then becomes readable by the server.

Hope this helps someone else shave a few hours off frustration of the import process. Andrew, consider adding a note about this to the CSVGrab documentation.

Thanks!

Posted: 06 March 2011 08:26 PM —   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-08-14

I’ve just had the exact same issue, and your solution about the FTP mode also fixed this for me.

Thanks for posting this! :-)

Stephen

‹‹ Can’t import into custom fields of newly created channel      Entries show in admin, but only 1 on frontend with CSVGrab ››

Select A Theme