Support forums

Please check @brandnewbox_uk for support status updates.

Search     Advanced Search
WordPress datatype for DataGrab  
Posted: 31 March 2011 03:21 PM —  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1353
Joined  2006-04-12

This datatype should provide more reliable imports from WordPress WXR files.

Installation instruction here

File Attachments
ajw_wordpress.zip  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 574)

Posted: 13 April 2011 12:51 AM —   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-04-13

I just updated the dt.ajw_wordpress.php file with the one posted on March 31st (I was getting PHP errors when the “just_posts” checkbox is unchecked a la: http://brandnewbox.co.uk/forums/viewthread/272/).

Importing only posts works great, and importing ALL types no longer produces PHP errors, but I’m still not grabbing non-post type data from my wordpress export.

The results page comes up blank and the Configure Import page doesn’t grab the e.g. field value examples (i.e. “Title - eg, Title from post”). 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 03 January 2012 09:39 PM —   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2011-11-14

This datatype works where the XML datatype fails for me. However two things….

- There’s no “e.g. ....” example for the fields so I know what I’m importing. Those are really helpful on the XML importer.
- There’s no “post_name” field that I can set to the URL Title field in EE. There’s a “Link” field, but that doesn’t work because the link contains the entire URL, whereas post_name just contains the unique url_title for that particular post.

Any help with these two things would be appreciated. Thanks!

-David

Posted: 12 June 2014 01:25 PM —   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-06-12

When importing a standard WordPress file, if I try to import categories the script produces the following error:

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1364

Field 'cat_order' doesn't have a default value

INSERT INTO `exp_categories` (`group_id`, `site_id`, `cat_name`, `cat_url_title`, `cat_image`, `parent_id`) VALUES ('4', '1', 'Uncategorized', 'uncategorized', '', 0)

Filename: third_party/ajw_datagrab/models/datagrab_model.php

Line Number: 1215

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m using the latest version of the add-on, ExpressionEngine 2.8.1, and WordPress 3.4.2 for the export. I have attempted to import categories into a default category group that already has some categories in it, as well as a brand new category group with no categories premade. I get the same error in both cases. The import runs fine when no categories are imported.

And while I’m asking, does the add-on support importing featured images from WordPress in any way?

‹‹ Installing datatypes

Select A Theme