Support forums

Please check @brandnewbox_uk for support status updates.

Search     Advanced Search
Automatic imports/overwriting entries/sub categories  
Posted: 08 June 2010 04:18 AM —  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-06-02

I posted this on the EE forums, then realised that this is probably the better place to ask, so please excuse the double posting! (Please also excuse the multiple questions in one thread - just have to confirm whether or not a client’s upcoming project is do-able asap…)

Am trying to work out if CSVGrab will do what I need for an upcoming project:

1) Can I import automatically, say, every 24 hours? I’m going to have a new CSV file uploaded nightly to the server so need to just update the appropriate weblog each night.

2) Can this process overwrite all the old weblog entries, or will it cause duplicates? (Only some of the data is going to change each night but I’ll only have the full CSV to work with each time.)

3) I understand that CSVGrab can set the category for entries from the CSV. How does this work with sub-categories? For, say, areas of the world, if I want an entry to be categorised as both “Asia” and “Japan”, can the CSV just have “Asia|Japan” for that entry and I take the categories from that? Will EE understand that Japan is a sub-category of Asia? How would I create new sub-categories?

Thanks loads for your help

Posted: 23 November 2019 12:51 PM —   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-11-21

The content on this post is very informative, I like it. It is much better than the content on time 4 writing and it is very well written as well. I will definitely write a review about it and post it on my site.

‹‹ Only imports first record, and no categories      Can’t get this to work ››

Select A Theme