Support forums

Please check @brandnewbox_uk for support status updates.

Search     Advanced Search
Duplicate url_title will not display content  
Posted: 04 February 2014 02:39 PM —  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-02-04

Hi,

I’m using datagrab to parse an xml feed with non unique titles. eg. every week I will get a feed with a sports result where the title will be Division 1: Results Round Up with the url_title becoming division-1-results-round-up which displays correctly in the browser http://mysite.com/division-1-results-round-up

The next time the import is run I will get another story with the title Division 1: Results Round Up which its url_title then becomes division-1-results-round-up1 and the story is not displayed in the browser

http://mysite.com/division-1-results-round-up1

Over the course of a season I will have a lot of Results round up storys which will not be displayed. Is there a setting in Datagrab to fix this or is an EE issue ?

I’ve tried using other fields like story id or story intro as the url_title but it doesnt work either.

thanks in advance for your help

a

Posted: 04 February 2014 09:06 PM —   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1357
Joined  2006-04-12

Thanks for your post.

If you leave the “URL Title” setting field blank, EE *should* create a unique url title which should work.

If not then there is a bug. Could you send me a sample of your data and I’ll test.

Thanks.
Andrew

Posted: 05 February 2014 12:53 PM —   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-02-04

Hi Andrew,

When I click on PM it brings me to a page with a header of support forums, a link to your twitter account, a search box under the bread trail of forum home -> control panel home ->compose_message and a table of my account statistics but no text area to enter a private message. Is this normal ?

I will send you a link to my data using the contact form

Posted: 22 November 2019 07:28 PM —   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-11-21

Threads and enhancement of the goals are divided for the perfect elements for the programs. The connotation of the ‌‌essay writing service uk is amalgamated for the same play. It is accounted for the role of the terms. The definition is inquired about the vital paths for the reforms. change is consumed on top of the material.

‹‹ Importing Data into ExpressionEngine MySQL Database but not into a Channel      Data Grab and Content Elements ››

Select A Theme