Support forums

Please check @brandnewbox_uk for support status updates.

Search     Advanced Search
There are 0 fields per entry (DataGrab 2.4, EE 3.5, XML)  
Posted: 15 September 2017 11:21 PM —  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2017-09-02

Okay, so:

The XML is generated by an EE template. Coming from EE 2.7 installation.

The XML file is valid (I ran it through three validators and, yup, it’s totally valid XML.) I followed the example XML file on the DataGrab support pages, but I changed the specific XML tag names to use the field names. The XML field-name tags match up with the field names in my EE3 installation.

When I try to import it, on the second screen, I get the message “There are 0 fields per entry.” Yet when I look at the XML file, I am pulling in the content from the EE2 database and displaying what I expect to see.

...so why is it saying that there are zero fields per entry?

Posted: 16 September 2017 06:01 PM —   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1353
Joined  2006-04-12

Can you email me a copy of the file and I’ll take a look. (support@brandnewbox.co.uk)

Thanks,
Andrew

Posted: 17 September 2017 02:55 PM —   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-06-14

I’m getting the same error in ee3:

Error: Cannot open file/url: /Users/........xml
There are 0 fields per entry.

On a previously working saved xml import from ee2.x, so requesting the solution is posted when available. Thanks -

Posted: 17 September 2017 04:12 PM —   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2017-09-02

Check your path. That’s what my error turned out to be. I had a trailing slash when I didn’t need one. (My brain filled it in when I was looking at the support page.)

XML path should be something like /root/entry (with no trailing slash) not /root/entry/ (which was what I was initially trying.)

Since you had gotten it to work previously, your problem may have a different solution…but that’s what my solution was.

Good luck!!

‹‹ Automate DataGrab based on dates      Errors on Install with 2.11.9 ››

Select A Theme